Mission: Cultivate a local agriculture system to benefit our community and ecosystem.
Goal: A thriving, resilient community of diverse farmers and farm allies working together to sustain our natural resources.
1. Connect community
- Establish a resource center for farmers and farm allies with training and support for regenerative agriculture and related businesses.
- Educate community members of all ages about regenerative agriculture.
- Create spaces for community members to eat, learn, share, and celebrate together.
2. Grow local food and farm products
- Assist new and existing farmers to diversify agriculture for economic and environmental health.
- Develop local agri-tourism programs.
- Build an apprenticeship program in combination with a sustainable agriculture certificate at a local higher education institution.
3. Preserve farms
- Protect farmland for future generations.
- Create long-term, affordable access to farmland for beginning and underserved farmers.
- Work with landowners to establish farmland succession plans and estate planning.
4. Protect natural resources
- Restore health of soil, water, air, and wildlife habitat through promotion of regenerative agriculture methods.
- Work with community partners to establish and maintain landscape-scale restorative practices.